Witchampton Gets Gold!
We are delighted to announce that we have achieved the School Games GOLD Mark Award for for our commitment, engagement and delivery of competitive school sport in 2017/18.
The School Games Mark is a Government led award scheme launched in 2012, facilitated by the Youth Sport Trust to reward schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into the community, and we are delighted to have been recognised for our success. This year, this includes:
- offering a range of sporting clubs with a large uptake,
- using our trained Year 4 Playground Leaders to help engage all children in playground games and assist in using our equipment for active playtimes,
- new playground equipment
- playing competitively and inclusively with other schools in a number of sports,
- our Daily Mile initiative,
- the skipping sessions from Mr Skippy and playground games training to use in our playtimes,
- 2 hours of PE weekly which teaches leadership skills and competitive games within these lessons led by specialist sports coaches and teachers,
- links with community clubs and our sports board inside school,
- news updates for sporting events
- and our Sports Day which presents sports in a variety of formats.
Well done to every single child and member of staff as we have all engaged with these successes regularly throughout the year. We are looking forward to seeing what 2018/19 brings!