As a Church of England school, we are guided by our Christian values in supporting the learning of all children in our school. We recognise the importance and contribution of P.E. to the health and well-being of our pupils. We aim to provide an innovative, varied P.E. curriculum and extra-curriculum opportunities that have a positive influence on concentration, attitude and academic achievement for all our children. Our ambition is for every child to leave our school with physical confidence, an understanding of how to live a healthy life, experience of a range of P.E. opportunities and a developing love and enjoyment of physical activity.
Overview Aims for 2017 – 2018:
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
2. The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. Increased participation in competitive sport
School Sports Premium:
We have used the following documents (see below) published by Ofsted and the DfE to support us in assessing and auditing our provision of P.E. and in identifying how to spend our Sport’s Premium funding:
- Beyond 2012 Outstanding Physical Education For All
- Inspecting primary School P.E. and School Report: new funding
- The P.E. and Sport Premium for Primary Schools
- P.E. and Sport Premium – an investigation in primary schools
In addition, we continue to develop the Olympic values. Whole school and class projects are undertaken to promote physical exercise, health and well-being, and foster a love of keeping fit and healthy:
- Sport’s relief
- Active Kids
- Scottish Country Dancing
The School Games Mark is a government led awards scheme launched in 2012 to reward schools for their commitment to the development of sport and competition across their school and into the community. Participating in this process allows schools to evaluate their P.E. provision and assists them in developing an action plan for future progress.
We have been awarded a School Games Silver Award.
Congratulations to all of our children, staff and members of our school community who have helped to make this realty.
Well done everyone.